ACIP is an independent and non-profit making membership organisation for Chinese insurance professionals living and working in the UK. It is the first association or society specifically aiming for UK Chinese insurance people recognising the significant increase of number of people working the UK from Chinese origin in the last decade. Our mission is to promote higher standards of integrity and practice in insurance, to develop the understanding of insurance market in UK, China and other part of the world, and to support and further the individual’s professional career.
We are aiming:
- to build a networking platform or a ‘family home’ for Chinese insurance professionals based in the UK, to exchange market insights, and to develop technical skills related to UK and China through regular activities
- to act as a communication channel between UK-based Chinese insurance professionals and other Chinese insurance associations/networks around the world, and to liaison with other professional associations, government bodies and corporations.
- to provide advice and support to Chinese graduates in the UK who are interested in an insurance career, and to promote the insurance industry as a whole in the Chinese community
We are looking for people of insurance background throughout the UK to join our network if you work for an insurer, a broker, a loss adjuster, or any other firm related in insurance and interested in networking with Chinese insurance professionals in the UK.
Our membership covers all of, but not limited to, the professionals of the following:
- sales and marketing
- client relations and customer services
- claims, loss adjusting and surveying
- management and compliance
- risk control, pricing and capital management
- and/or other capacities in insurance
We are also looking for volunteers who can help plan, organise and manage future activities.